Saturday, May 1, 2010

Theories of the Recent Present

Anomalous Expansion:

Life has been a little slower since the semester papers ran us over. I mean, there were 12 different subjects that you were juggling with, just the other month, and then here you are with a project that would make a snail look formula-one technology enabled. Seems like just the other day you felt like you could do with a few extra hours in your day, and now suddenly you realize there are just too many already. So, I tried waking up late, went to office, worked-out, slept for two hours, watched a soap, talked to a friend on the phone, saw 11 back to back episodes of HIMYM, surfed for an hour and then realized that I’d practically run out of things to do till I could finally doze off at 4 in the morning.


Reverse Psychology:

I quit cigarettes sometime in the summer of 2007, after a near two year stint. I thought I’d never smoke again, and I held on to that promise for quite some time. Things changed thereafter. Life has been a sine curve since college ended. I relocated to Pune and before I knew it I was smoking again. I thought I’d quit once I’d moved down to Pune, but it’s a long distance call from here and doesn’t come cheap, and it’s not just monetary. Classic example of “Smoking kills. Either ways”


Advanced Social-Networker’s Disorder:

I post something on one of my blogs and I want fifty people to check it out in the next ten minutes. Not just check it out, but also comment on it, appreciate it, post something similar on their own blogs, and become a fan. But when nothing happens even in the next half an hour, it starts feeling weird. Then there are times when a poor soul does make a comment. If I happen to be online, I read it, dislike it most of the times, and then I either delete it on his face or just shoot back saying “back off !@#$%” … and then if no one turns up to pay a little attention to this poor soul, I crib and go on to have the most miserable day.


Musical Cyclicality:

Do you have a friend who has set his Winamp on Repeat mode? Strange being, really! Why the hell does someone need to listen to one track more than once at a time?? But no, there will be these people who just won’t care to either stop or practice variation. They’d be there, in the room, on lights-out mode, lying drunk on the bed, staring at the ceiling and listening to the same song not twice or thrice but for hours at a stretch. God help his roomies if he has a dysfunctional pair of headphones.

Yeah, there are times when I take I’ll fix you a little too seriously. My advice is to just let that guy be.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

just being me